What is Work at Height?
Working at height refers to work where there is a risk to a worker’s health and safety associated with a fall from one level to another that is reasonably likely to cause injury to the person or any other person and could include:
- In or on an elevated workplace from which a person could fall.
- Near an opening through which a person could fall.
- Near an edge over which a person could fall.
- On a surface through which a person could fall.
- In any other place from which a person could fall, including ground level.
What is a Competency for Work at Height?
A competency for work at height is the ability to perform a task at height to a required standard or a specific training course. A competency can be gained through training, experience or a combination of both. Working at height can be dangerous, so it is important that anyone who does so is competent.
There are many different types of work at height and each has its own specific requirements. For example, working on a ladder requires different skills and knowledge than working on a scaffold. It is important to make sure that you are competent in the type of work ay height you will be doing before you attempt to do it.
Note: Any person who is required to work at height, where there is the potential of injury by falling from one level to another or requiring the use of fall protection equipment, must receive training and be competent to carry out the work safely.
Contents of this Verification of Competency for Working at Height
This verification of competency (VoC) for working at height consists of two sections or units of competence:
- Section one is a theoretical assessment and consists of a questionnaire. The nominee needs to have knowledge and awareness of height safety systems, the hierarchy of controls with working at height and how to undertake work safely when working at height.
- Section two is a practical assessment and consists of an observation and the verification of the operator’s competency. The nominee needs to be able to demonstrate competence when planning, preparing and undertaking work at height. The assessor must be satisfied that the nominee has the ability to safely work at height in a range of tasks that would be undertaken as part of normal duties.
Why Choose to Buy this Verification of Competency for Working at Height?
- This 5-page verification of competency for work at height can assist you confirm a person’s ability to safely perform work tasks at height.
- The VoC training can help prevent falls from height, whether it be using height equipment or working on an elevated work platform or a person who is completing a working at height risk assessment.
After purchasing this verification of competency for working at height you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own verification of competency assessment for work at height.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the verification of competency for work at height.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Verification of Competency for Working at Height
- This verification of competency for working at height is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The VoC will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This verification of competency for working at height is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: