What are Suitable Duties?
When a worker is not medically fit to perform their normal work tasks ‘suitable duties’ or ‘medically restricted duties’ may need to be identified, so the worker can continue to work, albeit at a limited capacity.
Workers who have a medical condition that could be aggravated by their work may be entitled to request suitable work duties from a medical practitioner. This means that an employer would have to modify the employee’s job duties to accommodate their current condition.
What is a Suitable Duties Plan?
A suitable duties plan is a document that outlines an employee’s job duties and their current limitations due to a medical condition. The plan is usually developed in consultation with the employee’s treating doctor or medical practitioner and it is designed to protect the employee’s health and safety while accommodating the needs of the employer and employee.
There are a variety of reasons why an employee may need a suitable duties plan or medically restricted work plan. The most common reason is to protect the employee from further injury or illness. For example, an employee who has been injured on the job may need a medically restricted work plan to ensure that they do not perform any duties that could exacerbate their injury.
Refer to the flowchart below for an overview of the injury management process.
Injury Management Flowchart
Contents of this Suitable Duties Form
This form has provisions for various aspects of providing suitable duties for an injured worker inclusive of:
- Suitable duties completed by.
- Current medical certificate date.
- Current plan goal.
- Current plan duration.
- Treating practitioner.
- Workplace injury management restrictions as per medical certificate or other medical advice.
- We will be able to offer suitable duties in line with restrictions.
- Specific capacity for work tasks or duties to be completed.
- Medical recommendations or other safe working guidelines.
- Treating practitioner to complete.
- The suitable duties have been agreed to by.
- Nominated doctor.
- Return to work coordinator.
Why Choose to Buy this Suitable Duties Form?
- This 2-page suitable duties form can assist you identify suitable duties and write up a return-to-work plan for a person who has been injured at work or has a work-related injury and needs alternative duties developed in alignment to their work capacity medical certificate.
After purchasing this suitable duties form you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own suitable duties plan.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the suitable duties form.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Suitable Duties Form
- This suitable duties form is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The form will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This suitable duties plan is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: