About this SWMS for Demolition Work
Demolition work of any kind is inherently dangerous however, following the right safety protocols can minimize the risks of injury or an incident. This SWMS outlines how employers can safely manage demolition work to enable a safe and healthy work environment for workers.
The SWMS also outlines the importance of safety planning, training, using the right equipment and the correct disposal of debris to ensure a safe demolition job.
Note: Before the commencement of a demolition job a joint inspection with company representatives and any respective contractors should be conducted to establish:
- The identification and confirmation of findings of any hazardous materials.
- Sources of energy.
- The condition of main vehicle and mobile plant access routes.
- Adjoining structures that are not included in a list to be demolished.
- Materials that are to be recycled.
- Hazards and risks associated with the planned demolition works.
Additional note: Demolition work activities that involve the demolition of an element of a structure that is load bearing or otherwise related to the physical integrity of the structure is classified as a ‘high risk construction work’ under the work health and safety regulation. Also, a documented demolition work plan should be prepared for any demolition work and must comply with the requirements of AS 2601 Demolition of Structures.
Job steps that are covered in the safe work method statement include:
- Planning and preparation.
- Isolation of services.
- Using hand and power tools.
- Handling stock to be removed from site.
- Mobile plant.
- Clean-up and end of day pack up.
This SWMS for demolition work includes:
- A risk assessment and risk assessment matrix.
- Qualifications and training requirements.
- Potential hazards and risks when undertaking demolition work.
- Control measures, checks and monitoring activities.
- Actions for implementation, monitoring and reviewing of the SWMS.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Inspections and maintenance checks that are required.
- A consultation and sign-off record.
- Legislation references.
Why Choose to Buy this SWMS for Demolition Work?
- Demolition projects must be carefully planned, so it can be carried out safely.
- This SWMS involves planning, identifying hazards (e.g. hazardous substances, working at heights etc) assessing risks and determining appropriate control measures in consultation with all relevant persons involved in the work.
After purchasing this demolition work SWMS you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own demolition safe work method statement.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the demolition safe work method statement.
- Enable compliance with Australian legislation, codes of practice and standards.
Availability and Use of this SWMS for Demolition Work
- This SWMS for demolition work is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- This SWMS will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This SWMS for demolition work is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: