What is a Respiratory Protection Procedure?
A respiratory protection procedure is a written document regarding the selection, use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment (RPE). The overall intent of the procedure is to protect persons against air contamination, atmospheres deficient in oxygen, silica dusts, mists, fumes, smokes, gases, vapours, micro-organisms, or combinations of these substances which could enter the body through the respiratory system.
Selection of Respiratory Protection Equipment
When selecting respiratory protective equipment, the applicable standards for the device must be reviewed and followed.
If there is ever any doubt regarding the correct selection of respiratory protective equipment after consulting the standards, then additional specialist advice should be sourced to ensure that safety requirements, risk control measures and individual health for breathing air is not compromised.
The Importance of Respiratory Protection
Respiratory protection is essential for any workplace where workers are exposed to hazardous substances. It protects the lungs from airborne particles and chemicals, which can cause serious health problems or worse. It is important to understand the different components of respiratory protection and how they work together to protect workers from hazardous airborne particles, toxins and other contaminants.
Wearing the proper type of respiratory protection and supplying clean air can also reduce the risk of breathing-related illnesses, such as asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Contents of this Respiratory Protection Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Selecting the Type of Respirator (e.g. powered air-purifying respirators (PAPR).
- Medical Evaluation for Users of Respiratory Protective Equipment.
- Respiratory Protective Equipment Training.
- Issue of Respiratory Protective Equipment.
- Tight Fitting and Wearing Respiratory Protective Equipment.
- Negative Pressure Fit Test Checks.
- Positive Pressure Fit Test Checks.
- Maintenance of Respiratory Protective Equipment.
- Cleaning of Supplied Respirators and Equipment.
- Storage Practices for Respiratory Protective Equipment.
- Disposal of Respiratory Protective Equipment.
- Record Keeping.
- Respiratory Protection Program Evaluation.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Respiratory Protection Procedure
- This 13-page respiratory protection procedure can assist you develop and implement an effective respiratory protection program.
- This procedure can help you with the various types of breathing apparatus (e.g. full face and tight-fitting respirators) to protect against gases, airborne contaminants or against dusts, mists, fumes, smoke, vapours and micro-organisms that could enter the body through the respiratory system and be dangerous to life or health.
- This procedure can also provide an overview of the components of respiratory protection, including power-supplied air respirators, compressed air filtration systems and safety protocols such as trimming facial hair.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own respiratory protection procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Respiratory Protection Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This respiratory protection procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: