What is a Refuelling Procedure?
A refuelling procedure is a written document that has been developed to protect persons from health and safety risks associated with the refuelling of vehicles, plant and equipment.
The intent of a refuelling procedure is to ensure that:
- Workers have the knowledge to safely fuel tanks and engines.
- Adequate provisions are available in the event of an emergency.
- Workers undertaking refuelling are competent with emergency, fire and spill response procedures.
- Calibration of refuelling equipment is undertaken.
Refuelling Safety Practices
Where practical, vehicles, plant and equipment should be fuelled at commercial fuelling points.
Where on-site refuelling is necessary, control measures to be considered include:
- Fuelling away from any creeks, rivers and watercourses.
- Fuelling away from sensitive vegetation areas.
- The construction or placement of temporary bund walls to contain any spills.
- Utilising mobile tanker refuelling.
- Ensuring all refuelling equipment (e.g. fuel trucks, fuel nozzle, fuel caps etc) is in good condition and suitable for the tasks.
- When refuelling powered tools, use pourers or funnels and avoid overfilling.
- Having a suitable spill kit available and having personnel competent with its use.
- All petroleum wastes must be stored in appropriately sealed containers before removal from site.
Contents of this Refuelling Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Safety Requirements for Refuelling.
- Refuelling of Vehicles, Plant and Equipment.
- Refuelling of Stationary Plant.
- Storage of Fuel, Lubricants and Chemicals.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Refuelling Procedure
This 9-page procedure can assist you ensure the health and safety of persons who may be exposed to risks and hazards associated with the refuelling of vehicles, plant and equipment.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customise the template to create your own procedure for refuelling.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Refuelling Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This refuelling procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: