About this SWMS for Ladder Use
The risk of a fall from a ladder can be very high if the ladder is used incorrectly or inappropriately.
This SWMS outlines the importance of ladder selection, the safety precautions to take when setting up the ladder and how to use the ladder correctly.
Note: When performing construction work, a person must not use or allow another person to use, the ladder to gain access to a place, unless the person using the ladder has at least two hands and one foot, or two feet and one hand, on the ladder from when the person is fully on the ladder to when the person is leaving the ladder; or to do construction work, other than to gain access to a place, unless the work is ‘permitted work’ as described by legislation.
Job steps that are covered in the safe work method statement include:
- Planning and preparation.
- Ladder inspection and ladder set-up.
- Ladder use.
- Trestle ladder use.
- Trestle ladder requirements for construction work.
- Protection of persons below work at height.
- Cleaning the work area and packing up equipment.
This SWMS for ladder use includes:
- A risk assessment and risk assessment matrix.
- Qualifications and training requirements.
- Potential hazards and risks when using a ladder.
- Control measures, checks and monitoring activities.
- Actions for implementation, monitoring and reviewing of the SWMS.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Inspections and maintenance checks that are required.
- A consultation and sign-off record.
- Legislation references.
Note: All ladders must meet the Australian Standards 1892 Portable Ladders series, as applicable.
Why Choose to Buy this SWMS for Ladder Use?
- If ladders are to be used, they must be selected to suit the task and consideration must be given to the duration of the task, the physical surroundings and the prevailing weather conditions.
- This SWMS can provide you with a step-by-step process for your business to manage the safe use of ladders at a workplace.
- The SWMS can also assist you educate workers on the potential hazards and risks when working on a ladder.
After purchasing this safe work method statement you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own ladder SWMS.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the safe work method statement.
- Enable compliance with Australian legislation, codes of practice and standards.
Availability and Use of this SWMS for Ladder Use
- This SWMS is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The SWMS for ladder use will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This SWMS for ladder use is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: