About these Workplace Health and Safety Rules
Workplace health and safety rules should be established and followed as they are imperative to keeping everyone safe. Personnel need to understand the most important reason for following health and safety rules is for their own safety and this is particularly important if undertaking any medium to high-risk work activities.
This list of example workplace health and safety rules detail some general safety rules that workers can follow while performing (construction) work area activities.
Following rules, procedures and WHS laws help employees understand what is expected of them and what will happen if they breach the rules.
Having rules to manage hazards and risks make for a stable working environment, where people feel safe to come to work and go about their daily activities.
Some of the example safety rules include:
- Management and supervisors must monitor and enforce compliance with all health and safety duties.
- First aid and emergency exit/evacuation procedures must be understood and followed.
- All work is to be carried out in accordance with risk assessments, the safety management plan and the work health and safety (WHS) act, regulations and codes of practice.
- All workers to be aware of your surroundings and use the right tool for the job, mechanical aids, safety equipment etc, as required to avoid injuries.
- All workers must report potential hazards and receive proper training for tasks that may affect their health, safety and welfare.
- All safety guidelines and instructions issued, both verbally and written, are to be adhered to (if safe to do so).
- Workers are to report workplace injuries and report unsafe conditions.
- Workers are not to undertake any work in which they have not been trained in and must follow all safety programs.
- Workers are to maintain a safe working environment and report any equipment that could lead to injuries.
- Plant inspection logbooks must be completed as required and be made available for inspection upon request.
- Any licenses or qualifications showing evidence of competency for the operation and use of plant and equipment must be presented upon request.
- Follow all workplace safety tips to eliminate injury and illness and wear personal protective equipment.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated parking areas only.
- All necessary permits (e.g. hot works, excavation, confined space entry, etc.) must be completed and approved before the applicable work activity commences.
Why Download this List of Health and Safety Rules?
- This list of health and safety rules can help you ensure the health and safety of workers and others from harm or injury in the workplace.
- The rules can establish guidelines for safe working conditions, equipment use and following procedures. They can also outline what actions should be taken in the event of an emergency.
With this list of health and safety rules you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own workplace health and safety rules.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the health and safety rules.
- Use them in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Health and Safety Rules
- This list of health and safety rules are accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Download Template’ button or the ‘Download Through Checkout’ button.
- No payment is required for this list of health and safety rules and they will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
You may also require: