All personnel should be doing their part with housekeeping, to ensure that all work areas are kept clean and tidy to avoid incidents, improve hygiene and generally make the workplace look neat, tidy and professional.
Good housekeeping safe work practices include the following:
- Waste and unused materials must be picked up and placed in waste bins or containers.
- Store materials, personal protective equipment and machinery or any items that need to be stored in work areas must be secured and neatly kept in storage areas.
- Cables and cords are to be kept off the ground using insulated stands/hooks or safely routed.
- Flammable materials, ignition sources and gas cylinders are to be stored in a safe location.
- Fire hazards, hazardous materials and toxic materials must be isolated in designated areas and disposed of promptly.
- Designated bins must be provided to contain litter and protect from vermin.
- Work areas should be kept organized and free from unnecessary items to make it easy for employees to find what they need and to minimize the risk of an incident.
How Importance of Good Housekeeping in the Workplace?
Good housekeeping practices are very important in the workplace for many reasons. It can prevent injuries, improve worker morale, and keep the workplace looking presentable. A clean and well-organized workplace can make employees feel more positive about their job and more motivated to do their best work.
A tidy workplace can help reduce stress levels and create a more pleasant working environment. A well-kept workplace can also be a reflection of the company’s commitment to safety and quality too.
Why Download this Workplace Housekeeping Checklist?
- This workplace housekeeping checklist can be used to prompt for risks and hazards related to general housekeeping.
- The checklist may also be used to record any actions that are required, the person responsible and due dates for corrective actions.
With this workplace housekeeping checklist you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own workplace housekeeping checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Workplace Housekeeping Checklist
- This workplace housekeeping checklist is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Download Template’ button or the ‘Download Through Checkout’ button.
- No payment is required for this checklist and it will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
You may also require: