About this Excavator Inspection Checklist
An excavator inspection checklist is a crucial tool for any excavator operator to ensure that the plant is safe to operate and all its parts are in good condition. This excavator inspection checklist prompts for the following items:
- Is the engine and all rotating/moving parts enclosed?
- Are the tracks in good working condition?
- Are the tracks adjusted and tensioned?
- Is the boom and arm free from defects, cracks, fatigue?
- Are hydraulics and hoses in good working condition?
- Is the bucket and quick hitch in good working condition?
- Are the cutting edges/teeth in good working condition?
- Are mirrors and windows clean?
- Are lights, alarms and e-stops fully operational?
- Is fuel, oil and coolant levels adequate?
What is a Pre-Start Inspection?
Pre-start inspections are the basic examinations that an operator completes before performing operational functions. The objective is to identify existing or potential faults with the machine, that may lead to repairs, incidents or unexpected downtime if not given attention.
Note: Pre-start inspections must be performed to keep the excavator in good working order and be based on the recommendations outlined in the operator’s manual.
Why Do Regular Inspections on an Excavator?
Excavator inspections are important because they help to ensure the safety of the operator and the people around the excavator. They also help to prevent damage to the excavator and the property around it. Doing daily inspections can catch problems early and prevent them from becoming bigger, more expensive issues.
Why Download this Excavator Inspection Checklist?
This excavator inspection checklist can be used in combination with your operator’s manual, to ensure that your excavator is functioning properly and is maintained for peak performance. Inspections are particularly important if operating the excavator in harsh conditions.
With this excavator inspection checklist you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own excavator inspection checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the excavator inspection checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Excavator Inspection Checklist
- This excavator inspection checklist is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Download Template’ button or the ‘Download Through Checkout’ button.
- No payment is required for this checklist and it will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
You may also require: