What is a Document Control Register?
A document control register is a quality control tool used to maintain an accurate and up-to-date record of documents. It is a tool used to track changes to documents; this can include the date of the change, the person who made the change, a brief description of the change etc.
It is used to ensure that only the most current version of a document is being used and to track who has control of which documents. A document control register can be used for any type of document, including internal documents, external documents, and even electronic documents.
Why You May Need a Document Control Register?
There are a few reasons why you might need a document control register. It can help you to:
- Keep track of who has access to which documents.
- Provide a record of who has reviewed and approved a document.
- Ensure that documents are reviewed and approved promptly and controlled.
- Ensure that only authorized individuals have access to certain information.
- Track all documents that require a scheduled review and approval.
Document Control and the AS/NZS ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 Standards
Document control is a crucial aspect of maintaining quality, environmental and safety management systems in organizations, ensuring that information is properly managed, controlled and accessible to the relevant parties.
The AS/NZS ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 standards all require organizations to have a documented procedure for document control.
This procedure should specify the following:
- The types of documents that need to be controlled.
- The process for identifying and reviewing documents.
- The process for approving documents.
- The process for distributing documents.
- The process for storing documents.
- The process for disposing of documents.
The benefits of having a good document control system include:
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness.
- Reduced risk of errors.
- Improved communication.
- Enhanced compliance with regulations.
- Increased customer satisfaction.
There are several things that organizations can do to improve their document control systems, including:
- Creating a central repository for all documents.
- Using a document management system.
- Implementing a process for reviewing and approving documents.
- Tracking the distribution of documents.
- Storing documents in a secure location.
- Disposing of documents promptly.
In conclusion, document control is integral to implementing and maintaining compliance with the AS/NZS ISO 9001, 14001, and 45001 standards. Each of these standards focuses on different aspects of management systems but, they all recognize the importance of effectively managing and controlling documentation.
Contents of this Document Control Register
There are provisions in this register for:
- Document Title.
- Issue Date of Document.
- Revision Date of Document.
- Retention Time.
- Discard Method.
Why Choose to Buy this Document Control Register?
- This register consists of four separate Excel spreadsheets that you can use to record your requirements for the identification, authority, storage, security, recovery and retention time of records.
- It is a ready-to-go register that just needs the inclusion of your internal company documents.
After purchasing this register you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own document register.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the register.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Document Control Register
- This register template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The register will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Excel format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This register is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: