About this Safety Improvement Request
This safety improvement request form can be used by the employees to identify, record and communicate ideas and new concepts to advance your workplace’s safety performance.
Having a culture of continually improving the workplace and actively seeking out opportunities that could enhance a workplace’s safety performance is a fundamental objective of any good business.
An improvement report may be required to be issued due to:
- An incident.
- Corrective actions following a safety alert.
- Improvement actions arising from an external incident report.
- An initiative towards improving either a short-term or long-term safety strategy.
- An audit or review of safety information, safety risks or a safety program.
Note: Processes and resources should always be available and engaged to take advantage of any health, safety and quality improvement opportunities.
How to Improve Workplace Health and Safety
It’s no secret that injuries in the workplace are all too common and while some of these injuries may have been unavoidable, many could have been prevented with a safety improvement request.
When making a safety improvement request, it is important to:
- Clearly identify the health, safety or quality problem that you are trying to solve.
- Be as specific as possible in your description of the problem.
- Include all relevant information that will help others understand the issue.
- Explain why the problem is a health, safety or quality concern.
- What are the potential consequences of the problem if it is not addressed.
- Suggest a solution and action plan for the improvement.
Note: When it comes to safety in the workplace, it is always better to be proactive rather than reactive. By having a safety improvement system in place, you can be sure that your organization is taking the necessary steps to improve its safety procedures and practices.
Identifying a Safety Improvement Opportunity
A safety improvement opportunity may be identified from several sources, including:
- Surveys, tests and inspections.
- Non-conformance reporting.
- Risk assessments and hazard inspections of the work environment.
- Internal audit findings, 2nd or 3rd party audit findings.
- Complaints (internal or external).
- Observations and inspections.
- Interested party concerns, or complaints.
- In-process concerns, or concerns about health, safety the environment and quality stability.
- Potential or actual breaches of compliance.
Any safety improvement request should include details of who is responsible for applying corrective or preventative actions and the appropriate timing for completion of such actions. Allowances should be made for tracking the status of action items until such action is completed, closed out and verified as effective, including updating of work method documents, as applicable.
Why Download this Safety Improvement Request?
- This safety improvement form can be used by the workforce to identify, record and communicate ideas and new concepts to advance your workplace’s safety performance.
Note: To actively seek out opportunities which could enhance a workplace’s safety performance is a fundamental objective of any good business. Capabilities and resources should be available and engaged to mitigate risks and to take advantage of any opportunities.
With this safety improvement request you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own safety improvement request.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the safety improvement request form.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Safety Improvement Request
- This safety improvement request is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Download Template’ button or the ‘Download Through Checkout’ button.
- No payment is required for this document and it will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
You may also require: