What is Fit for Duty?
Fit for duty means that a person is in a physical, mental and emotional state that enables him/her to perform their assigned tasks completely and in a manner that does not compromise or threaten the well-being of themselves or others.
What is a Fitness for Duty Procedure?
A fitness for duty procedure is a process that employers use to ensure that employees are physically and mentally able to perform their job duties. The purpose of a fitness for duty procedure is to comply with federal law and protect the safety of employees, customers and the general public.
If a person presents himself/herself for work in an unfit state, the following actions should be considered and if necessary, the actions should be taken:
- The person may need to be immediately removed from the work environment and they should be prohibited from driving a vehicle, depending on the results of the evaluation.
- Transport should be arranged for the person to go back to their home, if necessary.
- Before permitting the person back to work, discussions and investigations about the matter should be undertaken to determine if the employee is fit to conduct work activities safely.
If a person has used or intends to use prescription or over the counter drugs, it is the responsibility of that person to ensure that the drug in question will not cause any impairment that may adversely affect the safety and health of themselves or any other workers at the workplace.
All personnel must declare the use of any prescribed or non-prescribed medication that can potentially impair that person’s ability to perform their normal duties (as advised by a health care professional or prescribing practitioner).
Contents of this Fitness for Duty Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Fitness for Duty.
- Fatigue and Stress.
- Physical and Psychological Impairment.
- Management of Individuals with Fitness for Work Issues.
- Systems of Compliance.
- Discipline and Termination.
- Prescribed Medications.
- Business Functions.
- Communication, Training and Consultation.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Fitness for Duty Procedure
- This 9-page fitness for duty procedure can assist you perform a fitness for duty evaluation to determine an employee’s ability to undertake their duties safely and effectively or return to work after a period of ill health.
- The procedure can help you communicate that an employee is responsible for drug, medication and alcohol misuse which can be a direct threat to themselves and impair a person’s ability to perform his/her normal duties safely.
After purchasing this fitness for duty procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own fitness for duty procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organisation.
Availability and Use of this Fitness for Duty Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This fitness for duty procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: