About this SWMS for Portable Tool Use
Portable hand tools are essential in many industries and safety is essential when using them. This portable tool use SWMS outlines the step-by-step processes that can be used to enable health and safety when using portable hand tools. The SWMS can enable workers to recognise and manage hazards and risks when using tools.
Note: For the benefit of this SWMS and its objectives, a portable tool is defined as any hand tool or portable power tool (electric powered tool, pneumatic, hydraulic, physical or fuel driven) that can be manually transported by one person.
Job steps that are covered in the safe work method statement include:
- Planning and preparation.
- Inspecting and testing the tools and equipment.
- Portable tool use/operate the tool.
- Cleaning the work area and packing up equipment.
Note: It is the responsibility of the operator to select the right tool for the job and inspect a portable tool for damage and defects before use.
This SWMS for tool use includes:
- A risk assessment and risk assessment matrix.
- Qualifications and training requirements.
- Potential hazards and risks with portable tool use (tripping hazards, sharp edges, caught in moving parts etc).
- Control measures, checks and monitoring activities.
- Actions for implementation, monitoring and reviewing of the SWMS.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements (e.g. eye and hearing protection, dust mask etc).
- Inspections and maintenance checks that are required.
- A consultation and sign-off record.
- Legislation references.
Why Choose to Buy this SWMS for Portable Tool Use?
- Portable tool safety is an important part of any workplace safety program. Proper use and maintenance of portable tools can reduce the risk of injury and ensure that work is completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- This SWMS can be used by employers to educate their employees (and contractors) on the proper use of portable tools, providing the appropriate safety equipment and ensuring that the tools are always in good condition.
Note: A safe system of work must be implemented in accordance with risk management principles for any work that involves portable tools.
After purchasing this SWMS for tool use you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own SWMS for tool use.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the safe work method statement.
- Enable compliance with Australian legislation.
Availability and Use of this SWMS for Portable Tool Use
- This SWMS for tool use is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The SWMS will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This SWMS for tool use is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: