Overview of a Confined Space
A confined space refers to any space that is substantially enclosed (i.e. has limited or restricted means for entry or exit) and is not intended for continuous occupancy. Confined spaces can pose serious safety hazards because of their limited access and potential for entrapment or asphyxiation. Working in confined spaces can be dangerous, and it is important to take precautions to ensure the safety of workers. Some of the hazards associated with confined spaces include:
- Limited access and egress, which can make it difficult to escape if there is an accident or incident.
- The potential for entrapment or asphyxiation, due to the lack of oxygen or the presence of harmful gases.
- The risk of being injured by engulfment and falling debris or equipment.
There are several risk management control measures that must be taken to reduce the risks associated with working in confined spaces.
What is a Confined Space Entry Permit?
A confined space entry permit is an authorisation for work to be carried out in a confined space, which is a defined area of inherent danger and where stringent safety precautions are necessary. A permit required for a confined space must first be requisitioned and authorised before any entry to a confined space takes place.
An authorised confined space entry permit issuer must only authorise such work when satisfied that appropriate safety precautions have been taken. The confined space entry permit, along with any other documentation related to the confined space entry, should be displayed in a prominent place, usually adjacent to the entry point of a confined space, to facilitate personnel signing in and out of the confined space.
Confined Space Competencies and Authorised Persons
All persons required to enter a confined space and those required to perform duties of permit issuers or standby persons must receive appropriate training inclusive of:
- The nature of all hazards relating to a confined space.
- The need for and the appropriate use of control measures to control risks to health and safety associated with those hazards.
- The selection, fitting, use, wearing, testing, storage and maintenance of any personal protective equipment.
- The contents of any confined space entry permit that may be issued in relation to work carried out by a worker in a confined space.
There must also be a capability of continuous communication between the competent person in the confined space and the observer(s).
Contents of this Confined Space Entry Permit
There are provisions in this confined space entry permit to enable a safe system of work inclusive of (but, not limited to):
- Persons in control.
- Location of work.
- Description of work.
- Reason for entry.
- Work requested by.
- Risk assessment has been reviewed.
- Control measure prompts.
- Location and method.
- Other precautions.
- Conditions for entry.
- Emergency response.
- Equipment required.
- Continuous monitoring details.
- Standby personnel and requirements.
- Cancellation of written authority.
Why Choose to Buy this Confined Space Entry Permit?
- This 3-page confined space entry permit can provide you with the information and checks that are needed for the protection of personnel involved in confined space entry.
- The permit prompts for the risk management essentials for eliminating or minimising risks to a reasonably practicable level before a person enters a confined space.
After purchasing this confined space entry permit you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own confined space entry permit.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the permit.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Confined Space Entry Permit
- This confined space entry permit is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The permit will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This confined space entry permit is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: