What is an Employee Induction?
The first day on the job can be overwhelming for any new employee starting work. There is a lot to learn and remember, and it can be difficult to hit the ground running. This is where employee induction comes in.
An employee induction is the process of providing new employees with information about their job, the company, and their colleagues. It helps them to feel welcome and feel supported in their new role.
An good induction should cover a range of topics, including the company history, the company culture, the job role and health and safety expectations. An induction is a great opportunity to set the tone for a new starter’s time at the company and to ensure they feel welcomed and supported in their new role.
What is an Employee Induction Form?
An employee induction form is a document that includes all the important information a new employee needs on health and safety, as well as understanding the company’s policies and procedures. The employee induction training record helps to ensure that employees are properly trained and aware of the company’s expectations.
It can also help to identify any areas where an employee may need additional training. The induction record can be used to help the employee adjust to their new role, and to help the employer assess the employee’s suitability for the position.
How to Induct a New Employee
The following is a guide on how to induct a new employee and understand their role. It is important to remember that every business is different, so this guide is meant to be used as a general overview only. A good business owner knows that a successful company is built on a great team. And a great team starts with great employees. So when you hire a new employee, it’s important to take the time to properly induct them into the company. Typically, a good way to do an effective induction is to provide the new employee with:
- A thorough overview of the company and orientation of the organization (this orientation should include a tour of all the facilities and an introduction to staff members and co-workers).
- Identification of what competencies and qualifications will be needed.
- The emergency procedures and/or alarm sound.
- Advice on the location of the emergency assembly point.
- The identification of the first aider.
- The location of first aid facilities.
- All site amenities (e.g. lunchroom, toilets, drinking water).
- Advice on the safe work methods for the tasks that will be performed.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Hazard reporting obligations.
- The procedures for reporting accident/incidents/ hazards/injuries/property damage or other loss.
- The company’s safety rules, code of conduct and health and safety information.
- An employee handbook to formalise a successful employee induction.
Contents of this Employee Induction Form
This employee induction form has the provisions for many employment type details inclusive of but, not limited to:
- Contact number.
- Employed or contracted by.
- Trade certification.
- General construction induction card number.
- Class of high-risk work licenses.
- Expiry date of high-risk work licenses.
- Medical record.
- Allergic to medication.
- Emergency contact details.
- Workplace health and safety obligations.
- Non-compliance procedures.
- Work environment hazards.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Safety footwear.
- Head protection.
- Hearing protection.
- Safety glasses.
- Worker’s declaration.
Why Choose to Buy this Employee Induction Form
This 2-page employee induction form can assist you to ensure that the induction process is effective and that the new employee has officially participated in a workplace induction and:
- Had the site-specific health and safety rules explained to them.
- Understands their obligations and duties as a worker and team members.
- Has read and understands the contents of the employee induction form.
- Is fully aware of the consequences that will occur with any breaches of the rules and/or work health and safety legislation.
- Has read and understands the applicable work methods and agrees to work within the work method requirements.
After purchasing this employee induction form you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own effective induction program.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the employee induction checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Employee Induction Form
- This employee induction form is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The form will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This employee induction form is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: