What is a Mobile Plant Inspection Checklist?
A mobile plant inspection checklist is a key tool in maintaining optimal performance and safety on worksites where mobile plant is used. By conducting inspections, particularly before allowing mobile plant on site, companies can avoid safety and non-compliance issues, as well as costly repairs and downtime. The inspections should always be thorough and any problems that are found should be addressed before operation.
Safety Tips for Operating Mobile Plant and Equipment
Operating mobile plant can have many hazards and risks and safety should always be paramount. Here are some safety tips to help you stay safe while operating mobile plant and equipment:
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions for operating the plant and equipment.
- Always follow the mobile plant pre-start requirements and the manufacturer’s instructions for operation.
- Be aware of your surroundings and be sure to keep clear of any potential hazards.
- Be sure to inspect the plant and equipment before use to ensure that it is in good working condition.
- Never operate the plant and equipment while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If you are not trained to operate the plant and equipment, do not attempt to do so without support.
- Always follow the safety rules and regulations when operating mobile plant and equipment.
Safety Tips for Working Near Mobile Plant and Equipment
Working around mobile plant can be very dangerous. You could easily be seriously injured or worse if you are not careful. Here are some safety tips to keep in mind:
- Never assume that the operator can see you. Seek ‘positive acknowledgment’ if you are unsure.
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Pay attention to where the mobile plant is and what it is doing.
- Stay clear of the operator’s blind spots. Operators may not be able to see you if you are in their blind spot.
- Never climb on or ride on any piece of mobile plant. You could fall and be seriously injured.
- If you must work near mobile plant, always wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Be aware of your surroundings and stay alert for potential hazards.
- Follow all safety rules that apply to the work site and if you see something unsafe, report it ASAP.
Contents of this Mobile Plant Inspection Checklist
This mobile plant inspection checklist has prompts for the following aspects of mobile plant and its operation:
- Worksite location.
- Make or model.
- Identification number or registration.
- Supplier of equipment.
- Person responsible for the safe operation.
- Safe work method statement (SWMS) or job hazard analysis (JHA).
- Current preventative maintenance records.
- Fluid levels.
- Service details.
- Operator’s manual.
- Plant registration and design notification.
- Certification of the operator.
- Mobile cranes and forklifts.
- Working load limits (WLL).
- Warning notices and decals.
- Warning devices.
- Safety features.
- Emergency response.
- Lifting equipment (chains and slings).
- Dangerous goods and hazardous chemicals.
- Site condition and plant suitability.
- Inspection summary and additional comments.
- Authorisation for use.
Why Choose to Buy this Mobile Plant Inspection Checklist?
- This 5-page mobile plant inspection checklist can assist you to facilitate the safe management of mobile plant, its equipment and the hazardous interactions that are associated with the plant.
- The checklist can be applied to your own mobile plant and equipment and that of contractors.
After purchasing this mobile plant inspection checklist you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own mobile plant inspection checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Mobile Plant Inspection Checklist
- This checklist is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The checklist will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This mobile plant inspection checklist is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: