About this SWMS for Manual Handling
This SWMS for manual handling can be used to provide practical guidance on how to manage the risk of musculoskeletal disorders arising from hazardous manual tasks in the workplace. It can be applied to all activities requiring the use of force exerted by a person to lift, lower, push, pull, carry or otherwise move, hold or restrain any animate or inanimate object.
Note: A hazardous manual task means a task that requires a person to lift, lower, push, pull, carry or otherwise move, hold or restrain any person, animal or thing that involves one or more of the following:
An Example of Manual Handling Guidelines for Men and Women
- Repetitive or sustained force.
- High or sudden force.
- Repetitive movement.
- Sustained or awkward posture.
- Exposure to vibration.
Job steps that are covered in the safe work method statement include:
- Planning and preparation.
- Performing the manual handling task.
- Lowering an object.
- Team lifting.
This safe work method statement for manual handling includes:
- A risk assessment and risk assessment matrix.
- Qualifications and training requirements.
- Potential hazards and risks of manual handling (e.g. awkward postures, lift, lower, push pull, hold or restraining).
- Control measures (e.g. lifting aids, mechanical aids) checks and monitoring activities.
- Actions for implementation, monitoring and reviewing of the SWMS.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Inspections and maintenance checks that are required.
- A consultation and sign-off record.
- Legislation references.
Why Choose to Buy this SWMS for Manual Handling?
- Musculoskeletal disorders are one of the most common causes of workplace injuries. Using a safe work method statement for manual handling tasks can play an important part in any health and safety risk management process to eliminate or reduce manual handling injuries.
- This SWMS is designed to help reduce the risk of injury from hazardous manual handling activities.
- The SWMS provides a structured approach to planning, carrying out and evaluating the safety of manual handling tasks.
After purchasing this SWMS for manual handling you will be able to:
Availability and Use of this SWMS for Manual Handling
- This SWMS is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The SWMS will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This SWMS for manual handling is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: