What is a Communication and Consultation Procedure?
A communication and consultation procedure outlines the processes and methods to follow to ensure that all stakeholders are consulted and kept informed about health, safety environmental, quality and other matters. This process may include committee meetings, conferences, seminars, notice boards and other communication methods to those who may be absent from the workplace.
A key part of communication and consultation is to avoid conflict and misunderstandings. A communication and consultation procedure should be tailored to the needs of the business and its workforce. It should be clear who is responsible for what within their area of responsibility.
What is Workplace Communication and Consultation?
Communication – involves the exchange of information, thoughts, messages, statements or announcements between stakeholders.
Consultation – involves the fostering, cooperation and development of partnerships between government, regulators, employers, workers and stakeholders.
Consultation and Participation of Workers
Any reputable business recognizes the benefits of consulting with its workforce. Safer and better outcomes are more attainable by using the experience and expertise of workers, as the workers can assist with hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control. In addition, consultation and the participation of workers lead to a higher level of compliance with procedures, enabling safety improvements to be more easily achieved.
A communication and consultation procedure outlines the different ways consultation can involve workers in health, safety and other matters and what to do if there are problems. Consultation and the participation of workers is vital to good workplace decision-making processes. Employers can ensure that everyone is aware of what is happening and that their views are considered.
Some examples of when consultation and the participation of workers should occur are when:
- Determining the needs and expectations of interested parties.
- Establishing the health and safety policy.
- Assigning roles, responsibilities and authorities, as applicable.
- Determining how to fulfil legal requirements and other workplace requirements such as hazards, risks and the requirements of management systems.
- Establishing health, safety, environmental and quality objectives and the plans to achieve them.
- Determining controls for outsourcing, procurement and contractors.
- Changes that may influence health, safety or welfare are proposed.
- Decisions are made about the measures to be taken to eliminate or control risks, etc.
Note: It is much easier to achieve a safe workplace when everyone involved in the work communicates and consults with each other about managing hazards and risks and works together to find solutions.
Contents of this Communication and Consultation Procedure
- Scope and Objectives.
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Communication and Consultation Process Overview.
- Communication and Consultation Process Flowchart.
- Communication and Consultation.
- Co-operation and Co-ordination.
- Issue Resolution.
- Policy Statements.
- Targets and Objectives.
- HSEQ Meetings.
- Documented Information.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Communication and Consultation Procedure
- This 10-page procedure will assist you with the development and implementation of processes for communication and consultation within your workplace.
- The procedure can help you cover the communication and consultation needs of all personnel and their representatives concerning health, safety environmental and quality matters which may affect them.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own communication and consultation procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Communication and Consultation Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This communication and consultation procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: