About this Emergency Evacuation Report
This emergency evacuation report can be used to assist you determine if an evacuation drill was conducted adequately and to identify possible improvement opportunities with emergency evacuations.
Note: Emergency response drills and exercises should be scheduled on a regular basis with consideration to risk levels, the scope of operations and specific emergency scenarios.
Emergency evacuation drills should encompass:
- Evaluating the effectiveness of emergency procedures.
- Validating the competency of key emergency response personnel.
- Assessing the capability to respond to an emergency.
- Reinforcement of prior training.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement.
How Important are Emergency Evacuation Drills?
Emergency evacuation drills are an important part of being prepared for an emergency. They help ensure that everyone knows what to do and where to go in the event of an evacuation. Emergency evacuation drills also help to identify any areas that need improvement, so that they can be addressed before an actual emergency occurs.
It is important to conduct evacuation drills regularly and to involve everyone at the workplace, including any contractors and visitors. The drills should be conducted at different times of the day and week to ensure that everyone is familiar with the procedures.
Evacuation routes should be clearly marked and easy to follow and everyone should know where the designated assembly point is.
A Workplace Should Employ the Following Principles with Emergency Management
Prevention – includes the identification of hazards, the assessment of threats to life and property, and ensuring protective measures are in place to reduce potential loss of life and property damage.
Preparation – includes arrangements to deal with an emergency.
Response – the process of combating an emergency and providing immediate assistance to people affected by an emergency. The aim of response operations is to save lives, protect property and make an affected area safe.
Recovery – the process by which an affected organization regains normal operations following an emergency.
Emergency Evacuation Checks
- Did the chief warden and all fire wardens wear identification in accordance with the evacuation procedure?
- Was all the required emergency evacuation equipment in place and did it function properly?
- Did all persons know where the assembly point was located?
- Was the evacuation drill controlled and orderly?
- Could the emergency signal/alarm be heard throughout the entire workplace?
- Did all emergency exit (fire escape) doors operate properly?
- Were all emergency exits identified and were evacuation routes clear?
- Are all emergency evacuation personnel adequately trained?
- Are there adequate backup personnel in the case of emergency personnel being absent from the workplace?
- Did the emergency evacuation drill include a process for accounting for all persons?
- Was the last emergency evacuation drill conducted within 12 months?
- Is emergency signage adequately displayed? (e.g. site plan, assembly area, fire protection equipment etc).
- Are contact details for external emergency services displayed? (e.g. fire brigade, police, ambulance).
- Is there an adequate number of first aid attendants for the workplace?
- Is there a planned process to respond to the media after an emergency?
Why Download this Emergency Evacuation Report?
This emergency evacuation report can be used to assist you determine if an evacuation drill was conducted adequately and to identify any possible improvement opportunities with emergency situations.
With this emergency evacuation report you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own emergency evacuation report.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the emergency evacuation report.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Emergency Evacuation Report
- This emergency evacuation report is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Download Template’ button or the ‘Download Through Checkout’ button.
- No payment is required for this report and it will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
You may also require: