What is a Verification of Competency for a Backhoe?
A verification of competency (VoC) for a backhoe is a method of assessing an individual’s ability, skills and knowledge to safely conduct backhoe loader operations. By using the VoC the operator’s training and competence can be verified through a knowledge assessment and a practical demonstration of ability.
The backhoe loader VoC process assists employers ensure that operators have the necessary ability to perform their job safely and competently. It also provides a way for employers to identify gaps in skills and knowledge and to provide training to address those gaps.
How Important is Competency?
The competence of personnel is vital to enable a business to operate effectively and safely. Where a level of training and assessment or a certificate is required to operate equipment or perform a work activity, no person should be permitted to undertake that activity without an adequate level of training, competency or the necessary certificate being attained.
Contents of this Verification of Competency for a Backhoe
This verification of competency assessment for a backhoe consists of two sections or units of competence:
- Section one is a theory assessment and consists of a questionnaire. The nominee needs to have knowledge and awareness of the functions of the backhoe and other common information associated with the safe operation of the backhoe. To successfully complete the theoretical section, the nominee will require a 100% pass mark. After the 100% pass mark has been achieved, the nominee can then move on to section two.
- Section two is a practical assessment and consists of an observation and the verification of the operator’s competency. The nominee needs to be able to demonstrate competence with the operation of the backhoe. The assessor must be satisfied that the nominee can safely operate the backhoe in a range of tasks that would be generally undertaken. Once sections one and two are successfully completed, the operator can be signed off and deemed competent.
Why Choose to Buy this Verification of Competency for a Backhoe
- This 5-page verification of competency can assist you confirm an operator’s ability to operate a backhoe safely and carry out machine operator maintenance inspections.
- This verification of competency backhoe loader (VoC) assessment could also complement a nationally recognised government funded high-risk work statement of attainment for a backhoe and supplement refresher training.
After purchasing this VoC for a backhoe you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own VoC for a backhoe.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the assessment tool.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Verification of Competency for a Backhoe
- This verification of competency template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The backhoe VoC will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This verification of competency for a backhoe is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: