What is Powered Mobile Plant?
Powered mobile plant is equipment that is provided with some form of self-propulsion that is ordinarily under the direct control of an operator. Mobile plant can include anything from excavators and bulldozers to cranes and forklifts etc.
Powered mobile plant is used in a variety of industries, including construction, manufacturing and transportation. It is a valuable tool for lifting, moving and positioning heavy objects. However, it can also be dangerous if not operated safely.
The risks and hazards of working with powered mobile plant include:
- Contact with moving parts.
- Electrical hazards.
- Hazardous substances.
What is a Powered Mobile Plant Procedure?
A powered mobile plant procedure is a document that outlines the work health and safety requirements for the safe operation of powered mobile plant.
The procedure provides an overview of the various types of mobile plant equipment that are used in various industries such as high-risk construction work, agriculture and mining.
General Safety with Powered Mobile Plant
Any person or plant operator who controls mobile plant should:
- Be suitably trained (including safe fuelling and battery charging practices).
- Have current approved external licenses and approved internal certification where required.
- Have been assessed for competency by an approved assessor who is knowledgeable in the working environment, operation and condition of mobile plant.
- Ensure the plant includes any necessary safety devices such as seat belts, warning devices and speed limiters, etc.
- Conduct pre-start-up and safe work checks.
- Comply with mobile plant speed limits.
Contents of this Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Daily Pre-start Checks.
- Pedestrian Safety.
- Purchasing and Hiring Mobile Plant.
- Purchasing Second-Hand Mobile Plant.
- Refuelling of Mobile Plant and Equipment.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Powered Mobile Plant Procedure
- This 11-page procedure can assist you provide the control measures necessary to facilitate the safe management of powered mobile plant and the reduction, as far as reasonably practicable of all hazardous interactions of powered mobile plant.
- This procedure can be also applied to contractors who operate powered mobile plant or are otherwise involved in mobile plant interactions at your workplace.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own powered mobile plant procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organisation.
Availability and Use of this Powered Mobile Plant Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: