Elevated Work Platforms
An elevated work platform (EWP) is a mechanical device used to provide temporary access for people or equipment to elevated work areas. They are commonly used in the construction industry but, can be found in many other industries as well. They improve worker safety by preventing falls from height. EWPs are great for working at heights but, they can also be dangerous if not used properly.
It is important to follow all safety procedures when operating an EWP, including:
- Getting proper training.
- Inspecting the EWP before use.
- Using the EWP within its rated capacity.
- Being aware of your surroundings.
What is a Verification of Competency for an EWP?
A verification of competency (VoC) for an elevated work platform (EWP) is a method of assessing an individual’s ability, skills and knowledge to safely operate an EWP.
An operator’s training and assessment of competence is verified through a knowledge assessment and a practical demonstration of ability to safely operate the EWP.
The VoC process assists employers ensure that operators have the necessary ability to perform their job safely and competently. It also provides a way for employers to identify gaps in skills and knowledge, and to provide training to address those gaps.
Note: Any person who is required to operate a boom-type elevated work platform (EWP) with a boom reach of 11 metres or more is required to hold a WP high-risk work license.
Contents of this Verification of Competency Assessment for an EWP
This verification of competency for an EWP consists of two sections or units of competence:
- Section one is a theory assessment and consists of a questionnaire. The nominee needs to have knowledge and awareness of the functions and other information associated with the safe operation of an EWP.
- Section two is a practical assessment and consists of an observation and the verification of the operator’s competency. The nominee needs to be able to demonstrate competence with pre-starts and the operation of the EWP. The assessor must be satisfied that the nominee can safely operate the EWP in a range of tasks that would be generally undertaken before being deemed competent.
Why Choose to Buy this EWP Verification of Competency?
- This 5-page EWP verification of competency assessment can help you assess an individual’s ability, skills and knowledge to safely operate an EWP.
After purchasing this verification of competency assessment you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own EWP verification of competency assessment.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the VoC assessment.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Verification of Competency Assessment
- This verification of competency assessment is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The VoC assessment tool will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This EWP verification of competency is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: