What is Hotwork?
Hotwork is a general term used to describe any type of work that involves high temperatures. Hotwork can be divided into two main categories of welding and cutting. Welding is a process of joining two pieces of metal together using heat, while cutting is a process of using heat to remove metal from a workpiece.
Typically, hotwork is any work that may create an ignition source, including grinding, welding, thermal or oxy cutting or heating, brazing and other related heat producing or spark producing operations.
What is Hotwork Procedure?
A hotwork procedure is a written document that provides practical guidance on reducing the risk in work areas that are associated with hotwork. This may include welding, naked flame work, spark-producing work and equipment, vehicles and electrical equipment in hazardous areas.
A hotwork procedure is designed to protect employees from the hazards and risks associated with hot work operations.
Contents of this Hotwork Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Hotwork Precautions.
- Hotwork Permits.
- Competencies Required.
- Prohibited and Restricted Hotwork.
- Welding, Cutting and Heating Safety Precautions.
- Fire Prevention and Personal Protection.
- Firewatcher Requirement.
- Gas Testing.
- Welding in a Hazardous Location.
- Welding Drums and Tanks.
- Fumes in Confined Spaces.
- Elevated Positions.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Hotwork Procedure
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own hot work procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Hotwork Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This hotwork procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: