What is First Aid?
First aid refers to the initial care given to a person who has been injured or who is suddenly ill. The main goal of first aid is to save lives, prevent further injury and promote recovery.
The three main goals of first aid are to:
- Preserve life: This includes providing CPR, stopping bleeding and treating shock.
- Prevent the condition from worsening: This includes cleaning wounds, applying bandages and elevating injured limbs.
- Promote recovery: This includes providing comfort measures, such as pain relief and fluids.
There are many different types of first aid, but some of the most common include:
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR): This is used to restart the heart and lungs of someone who has stopped breathing or whose heart has stopped beating.
- Bleeding control: This includes applying pressure to a wound to stop the bleeding.
- Burns treatment: This includes cooling the burn and preventing infection.
- Choking: This is caused by an object blocking the airway. First aid for choking includes the Heimlich maneuver.
- Broken bones: This includes splinting the injured limb to prevent further damage.
First aid can be administered by anyone trained in first aid at any time and in any place.
What is a First Aid Checklist?
A first aid checklist is a list of items that are needed to provide first aid to an injured person. The checklist should include all the items that have been assessed as required at your workplace.
The Importance of Workplace First Aid
Workplace first aid is vital for ensuring the safety of employees. When it comes to safe work provisions having first aid available is an essential component.
First aid kits are necessary for any workplace and should be easily accessible in case of an emergency.
Contents of this First Aid Checklist
This first aid checklist template includes provisions for first aid equipment, inclusive of:
- Instructions for first aid.
- Sink with water and soap.
- Drinking water dispensers.
- Paper towels.
- Cover for a pillow.
- Airway mask.
- Ice bag.
- Rescue breather.
- Digital blood pressure monitor. Stethoscope.
- Blood glucose meter.
- Sharp blunt scissors (stainless steel).
- Safety pins.
- Band aids.
- Fingertip fabric bandages.
- Fabric bandages.
- Elbow knee bandages.
- Crepe bandage.
- Elastic bandage.
- Gauze bandage.
- Gauze dressing pad
- Triangular sling bandage.
- Adhesive tape.
- Absorbent gauze.
- Absorbent cotton.
- Oval eye pads.
- Oval gauze.
- Burn spray.
- Eye wash solution.
- First aid cream.
- Calamine lotion.
- Cotton tips applicators.
- Antiseptic solution.
- Antiseptic spray.
- Antiseptic cleansing wipes.
- Iodine infection wipes.
- Eye drops.
- Deep heat spray.
- Deep heat ointment.
- Disinfectant lotion.
- Butterfly wound closures.
- Oral dehydration powder.
- Exam quality gloves.
- Surgical blades.
Why Choose to Buy this First Aid Checklist?
This 2-page checklist can provide you with a comprehensive list of first aid provisions that may be needed at your workplace. In addition, the checklist has prompts for action items to take that are related to first aid.
After purchasing this first aid checklist you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own first aid checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this First Aid Checklist
- This checklist is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The checklist will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This first aid checklist is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: