What is a Management of Smoking Procedure?
A management of smoking procedure is a written document that explains the steps that must be followed to protect persons from the exposure to cigarette smoke and helps smokers quit smoking by various means, including nicotine replacement therapy (NRT).
A management of smoking procedure is designed to provide a safe and comfortable working environment for all employees.
Types of Cigarette Smoke
- Passive smoking also sometimes referred to as second-hand smoke, is the inhalation of exhaled mainstream smoke and side-stream smoke.
- Mainstream smoke is smoke directly inhaled by the smoker through a burning cigarette.
- Exhaled mainstream smoke is smoke breathed out by the smoker.
- Side-stream smoke is smoke that drifts from the burning end of a cigarette.
Exposure to Smoking
Exposure to passive smoke can be a significant work health and safety hazard. Exposure can produce symptoms of ill health, particularly for people with medical conditions (e.g. respiratory or cardiovascular).
To manage this risk, all personnel should be protected from the hazards of passive smoking by ensuring all work areas (indoors and outdoors) are smoke-free, except areas specifically designated for smoking.
Smoking at Work
Smoking hazards at work is an issue that employers need to be aware of and deal with. The department of health and law states that smoking is only allowed in designated areas and employers need to make sure that their employees are aware of this and comply with the rules.
Smoking at work is not just a health hazard for employees, but it can also be a fire hazard.
Contents of this Management of Smoking Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Mandatory Requirements.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Management of Smoking Procedure
- This 7-page procedure can help you establish clear guidelines for workplace smoking and can assist with managing higher rates of smoking.
- Compliance with the procedure will protect persons (particularly pregnant women) against workplace hazards associated with smoking and can also assist with smoking cessation, tobacco dependence and getting employees to stop smoking.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customise the template to create your own management of smoking procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Management of Smoking Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This management of smoking procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: