What is a Confined Space?
A confined space refers to any space that is substantially enclosed (i.e. has limited or restricted means for entry or exit) and is not intended for continuous occupancy. Confined spaces can pose serious safety hazards because of their limited access and potential for entrapment or less than safe oxygen levels.
Working in confined spaces can be dangerous, and it is important to take precautions to ensure the safety of workers and provide continuous monitoring when a person has entered a confined space.
Some of the hazards associated with confined spaces include:
- Limited access and egress, which can make it difficult to escape if there is an accident or incident.
- The potential for entrapment or asphyxiation, due to the lack of oxygen or the presence of harmful gases.
- The risk of being injured by engulfment and falling debris or equipment.
Note: There are several risk management control measures that must be taken to reduce the risks associated with working in confined spaces.
What is a Confined Space Procedure?
Working in a confined space can be very high risk due to a possible lack of oxygen, explosion, airborne contaminants or the risk of engulfment.
A confined space entry procedure is a written document that provides instructions for the protection of workers involved in confined space entry and to make certain they are not exposed to undue hazards and risks.
Contents of this Confined Space Procedure
Why Choose to Buy this Confined Space Procedure
- This 10-page confined space procedure can provide you with the guidelines for the protection of personnel who are permitted to enter a space and to make certain they are not unnecessarily exposed to the risks and hazards involved with confined space entry.
- This procedure can be applied to all types of confined spaces and covers the control measures for eliminating or minimizing risks to a reasonably practicable level.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own confined space procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Confined Space Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This confined space procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: