What is a Verification of Competency for a Forklift?
A verification of competency (VoC) for a forklift is a method of assessing an individual’s ability, skills and knowledge to safely conduct forklift operations.
By using the VoC the operator’s training and competence can be verified through a knowledge assessment and a practical demonstration of ability.
The forklift VoC process assists employers ensure that operators have the necessary ability to perform their job safely and competently.
It also provides a way for employers to identify gaps in skills and knowledge and to provide training to address those gaps.
How Important is Competency?
The competence of personnel is vital to enable a business to operate effectively and safely. Where a level of training and assessment or a high risk work license (HRWL) is required to operate equipment or perform a work activity, no person should be permitted to undertake that activity without an adequate level of training, competency or the necessary HRWL being attained.
It’s important to note that the specific requirements for the mandatory high risk work forklift license may vary depending on the region and the type of forklift. It is advisable to consult with local regulators and industry standards to ensure full compliance with all the requirements for forklift operation.
Contents of this Verification of Competency
This forklift verification of competency assessment consists of two sections or units of competence:
- Section one is a theory assessment and consists of a questionnaire. The nominee needs to have knowledge and awareness of the functions of the forklift and other common information associated with the safe operation of the forklift. To successfully complete the theoretical section, the nominee will require a 100% pass mark. After the 100% pass mark has been achieved, the nominee can then move on to section two.
- Section two is a practical assessment and consists of an observation and the verification of the operator’s practical skills and competency. The nominee needs to be able to demonstrate competence with the operation of the forklift. The assessor must be satisfied that the nominee can safely operate the forklift in a range of tasks that would be generally undertaken. Once sections one and two are successfully completed, the operator can be deemed competent.
Why Choose to Buy this Verification of Competency for a Forklift
- This 5-page forklift verification of competency can assist you verify the ongoing ability for a person to safely operate a forklift.
- This forklift VoC could also complement the nationally recognised high-risk work licence or the mandatory statement of attainment that is needed to safely operate a forklift and supplement any scheduled refresher training.
After purchasing this verification of competency for a forklift you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own forklift truck verification of competency assessment.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the VoC assessment tool.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Verification of Competency for a Forklift
- This forklift verification of competency template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The VoC will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This forklift verification of competency is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: