What is an AS/NZS ISO 45001 Internal Audit?
An AS/NZS ISO 45001 internal audit of an occupational health and safety management system is a systematic and objective examination of how an organization’s system is implemented and how it operates. It helps organizations to identify whether their OH&S management system conforms to the requirements of the AS/NZS ISO 45001 standard and whether it is effective in controlling OH&S risks and improving OH&S performance.
An internal audit should be conducted by trained auditors who are familiar with the organization’s OH&S management system and the requirements of AS/NZS ISO 45001. Conclusions derived from an internal audit should always be based upon objective, validated and traceable evidence. A completed internal audit report should detail all of the audit results, documented information sighted and issues observed. This will enable the monitoring and reviewing of any corrective actions that were raised.
What is an AS/NZS ISO 45001 Internal Audit Procedure?
An AS/NZS ISO 45001 internal audit procedure documents all of the essential processes to be undertaken before, during and after an audit. The audit procedure will document the responsibilities, purpose and objectives of the audit. The general activities covered in an internal auditing procedure will include:
- How to prepare an audit checklist for the internal audit process.
- Selection of internal auditors.
- Developing an audit programme.
- Preparing and planning phase.
- Audit committee duties.
- Conducting the OH&S audit.
- Audit findings and observations.
- Data review and initial reporting.
- Audit internal control actions.
- Final written responses and reporting.
An AS/NZS ISO 45001 internal audit procedure will document how you can:
- Conduct OH&S system audits.
- Conduct legislation audits.
- Develop corrective action plans.
- Annually plan for OH&S audits.
- Complete the AS/NZS ISO 45001 internal audit reports.
What is the Objective of an AS/NZS ISO 45001 Internal Audit Procedure?
The objective of an AS/NZS ISO 45001 internal audit procedure is to define a process for undertaking internal audits, to assess the effectiveness of an OH&S management system and its certification auditing compliance to the requirements of ISO 45001, occupational health and safety management systems – requirements with guidance for use.
Who Should Perform an AS/NZS ISO 45001 Internal Audit?
To ensure impartiality and objectivity internal (and external) auditors should be a person(s) from divisions of a workplace that is not directly associated with the area, process or department being audited. In addition to the above, internal auditors should be selected based upon their:
- Relevant training.
- Audit experience (demonstrable knowledge and skills).
How Does AS/NZS ISO 45001 Internal Audit Add Value to an Organization?
By objectively auditing your organization’s OH&S management system, policies, processes and procedures you can determine if the business is performing to the expected standard and continually improve your business. An internal audit can help you determine:
- Health, safety, quality and environmental compliance levels.
- Operational safety compliance.
- Topics for management reviews with interested parties.
- Business risks and opportunities for improvement.
- Business process compliance and controls.
- Corporate governance compliance.
Contents of this AS/NZS ISO 45001 Internal Audit Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Internal Auditing Process Overview.
- Internal Auditing Process Flowchart.
- How to Prepare and Control the Internal Audit Process.
- Selecting Internal Auditors.
- Developing an Internal Audit Program.
- Preparing for the Audit.
- Conducting the Audit.
- Data Review and Initial Reporting.
- Audit Actions.
- Final Reporting.
- Audit Reviews.
- Conducting Audits.
- System Audits.
- Process Audits.
- Supplier Audits.
- Legislation Audits.
- Corrective Actions.
- Completed and Previous Audit Reports.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this AS/NZS ISO 45001 Internal Auditing Procedure
- This 10-page AS/NZS ISO 45001 internal audit procedure can be applied to the auditing and assessment process of your business by following the principles of auditing that are outlined by ISO 19011, Guidelines for Auditing Management Systems.
- The auditing procedure can enable a gap analysis and an internal audit to be conducted with due professional care, integrity and independence.
- This procedure can also assist you to comply with all the internal auditing requirements of AS/NZS ISO 45001, occupational health and safety management systems -requirements with guidance for use.
After purchasing this internal auditing procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own internal auditing procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Internal Auditing Procedure
- This AS/NZS ISO 45001 internal audit procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This AS/NZS ISO 45001 internal audit procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: