What is Plant and Equipment?
Generally, plant and equipment will include any machinery, appliance, container, implement or tool, any component of those things and anything fitted or connected to those things.
What is a Plant and Equipment Procedure?
A plant and equipment procedure is a written document that outlines how plant and equipment is to be used, maintained and repaired. It should be read in conjunction with the manufacturer’s manual and any relevant legislation.
Plant and equipment procedures are important because they help ensure that plant and equipment is used safely and correctly.
Operation and Use of Plant and Equipment
Information, training and supervision regarding plant operation and equipment use must be provided to enable workers to perform their work without risk to their health and safety.
Any person (i.e. employee, contractor or vendor/supplier) who controls plant or equipment must:
- Be appropriately trained, certified, registered and/or licensed to operate the plant and any attached equipment.
- Provide all licenses and certificates or competencies before starting work.
- Complete a pre-start inspection before commencing work to ensure that the equipment is in good working condition.
- Operate the plant in a safe and controlled manner.
- Use any safety devices fitted to the plant or equipment such as seat belts, warning devices and speed limiters, etc.
Contents of this Plant and Equipment Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Assessment of Plant and Equipment.
- Operation and Use.
- Hiring Plant.
- Pedestrian/Worker Safety Around Plant and Equipment.
- Daily Pre-start Checks.
- Registration, Licensing and Assessment of Powered Plant and Equipment.
- Installation, Erection and Commissioning of Plant.
- Isolation of Plant and Equipment.
- Lifting Equipment.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Plant and Equipment Procedure
- This 10-page plant and equipment procedure can assist you ensure the registration and/or design of all plant and equipment operated by your organization is in accordance with prescribed legislation.
- This includes all plant (including vehicles) that are hired, leased or otherwise procured and operated by your organization.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own plant and equipment procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Plant and Equipment Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This plant and equipment procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: