What is an Electrical Equipment Register?
An electrical equipment register is a database of electrical items. The register can be used to track and monitor the safety and compliance of electrical equipment.
A typical electrical equipment register will record the:
- Manufacturer of the equipment.
- The type of equipment.
- The date the equipment was tested and the results of the test.
- The serial number of the equipment
- The storage location of the equipment
- The status of the equipment (e.g. whether it is in use, out of service, or scrapped).
Why Have an Electrical Equipment Register?
An electrical register should be developed and maintained to ensure that an accurate record is kept of all electrical devices, their inspections and tests.
If new equipment is introduced to a workplace, the register should be updated. Any contractors working on a worksite should also have an up-to-date register if using their own electrical equipment at the worksite.
Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
When inspecting and testing electrical equipment, the procedures and guidelines specified in electrical legislation must always be followed.
All electrical equipment that passes inspection should be identified with a tag that is:
- Durable and water-resistant.
- Self-adhesive or well-secured.
- Incapable of re-use and have a bright distinctive surface.
- The tag may be colour-coded to identify the period in which the test was performed.
Any equipment which has failed to pass a test should not be used and be tagged with a ‘Do Not Use’ or ‘Out of Service’ tag. Any non-conforming electrical equipment must be repaired or disposed of immediately.
Contents of this Electrical Register
This register has provisions for recording the following aspects of electrical equipment:
- Equipment description.
- Test and tag number.
- Serial number.
- Date of inspection.
- Date of next inspection.
- Storage location.
Why Choose to Buy this Electrical Register?
- This register can assist you ensure that the requirements for maintenance and testing of electrical equipment are in place to minimize risks to health and safety and to meet legislative requirements.
After purchasing this register you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own electrical register.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the register.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Register
- This register is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The register will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Excel format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This register is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: