What is a Diesel Generator Inspection Checklist?
A diesel generator inspection checklist is a tool that can ensure that all the moving parts and service requirements are being completed as required. A diesel generator can be a vital part of any business or organization that relies on backup power.
Given the importance of having a reserve power supply, it is important to have a comprehensive checklist to ensure that your generator is always in good working order when there is a power outage.
About Diesel Generators
A diesel generator is a backup power source that uses diesel fuel to generate electricity. Diesel generators are typically used in industrial and commercial applications but, can also be used in residential settings.
When choosing a diesel generator, it is important to consider a few factors such as power output, fuel efficiency, and emissions. When choosing a diesel generator, it is important to consider a few factors such as power output, fuel efficiency, and emissions.
Power output is typically measured in kilowatts (kW) or megawatts (MW). The power output of a diesel generator is determined by the size of the engine and the number of cylinders.
Fuel efficiency is an important consideration when choosing a diesel generator. Diesel generators are available in a variety of sizes and configurations, so it is important to select one that is sized appropriately for the application and that is designed for fuel efficiency.
Contents of this Diesel Generator Inspection Checklist
This diesel generator inspection checklist has inspection, testing and preventive maintenance provisions for the following aspects of a diesel generator:
- Generator is set-up in a safe location.
- Visual inspection.
- Oil level is sufficient and no oil leaks.
- Fuel level is sufficient.
- Radiator is full.
- There are no oil, fuel or water leaks.
- Gauges, transfer switches and warning devices are operational.
- Cooling water hoses are OK (check for cracks and fatigue).
- Exhaust system (also check for no risk of exposure to exhaust fumes).
- Electrical systems are in good condition.
- Earth bonding connections are in good condition.
- Generator lifting eye/hook is in good condition.
- Fire extinguisher is available (check it is within test and tag date).
- Battery is in good condition.
- Secondary containment (spill tray) is in good condition.
- Emergency stops are working.
- Guards are in place and secure.
- Warning signs and alarms are functional.
Why Choose to Buy this Diesel Generator Inspection Checklist?
- This 1-page checklist can help you ensure that all service requirements associated with diesel generator maintenance are being completed.
- Regular inspections with this checklist will keep your generator running when required and in good working order.
After purchasing this diesel generator inspection checklist you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own diesel generator maintenance checklist.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the checklist.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Diesel Generator Inspection Checklist
- This checklist is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The checklist will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This diesel generator inspection checklist is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: