About this SWMS for Working with Asbestos
Asbestos work can be a very dangerous job and workers must take all the proper safety precautions to remain safe. The SWMS outlines how employers can safely manage asbestos related work to enable a safe and healthy work environment for workers.
Note: A person conducting a business or undertaking at a workplace must ensure that exposure of a person at the workplace to asbestos containing materials (ACM) is eliminated so far as is reasonably practicable or if not reasonably practicable, to eliminate exposure to airborne asbestos, the exposure must be minimised so far as is reasonably practicable.
Additional note: Work that involves or is likely to involve the disturbance of asbestos is classified as a ‘high risk construction work’ under the work health and safety regulation and a SWMS is mandatory.
Job steps that are covered in the safe work method statement include:
- Planning and preparation.
- Identifying asbestos.
- Isolating the work area.
- Working around asbestos.
- Disposal of asbestos waste.
- Hygiene control.
- Clean-up and end of day pack up.
This SWMS for working with asbestos includes:
- A risk assessment and risk assessment matrix.
- Qualifications and training requirements.
- Potential hazards and risks when undertaking asbestos work.
- Control measures, checks and monitoring activities.
- Actions for implementation, monitoring and reviewing of the SWMS.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Inspections and maintenance checks that are required.
- A consultation and sign-off record.
- Legislation references.
Why Choose to Buy this SWMS for Working with Asbestos?
- There are very strict health and safety requirements regarding the management, control and/or removal of asbestos and asbestos containing material in a workplace.
- Accordingly, a person conducting a business or undertaking must not carry out or direct or allow a worker to carry out work involving asbestos if that work involves manufacturing, supplying, transporting, storing, removing, using, installing, handling, treating, disposing of or disturbing asbestos or ACM, except in prescribed circumstances.
- This SWMS can assist you and your work team understand the risks and safety procedures required in asbestos work and enable a safe and healthy work environment and protect people from asbestos related diseases.
- The SWMS outlines planning, identifying risks and hazards and determining appropriate control measures (e.g. air monitoring, respiratory PPE) in consultation with all relevant persons involved in the work.
After purchasing this SWMS for working with asbestos you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own asbestos SWMS.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the safe work method statement.
- Enable compliance with Australian legislation, codes of practice and standards.
Availability and Use of this SWMS for Working with Asbestos
- This SWMS for working with asbestos is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- This SWMS will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This SWMS for working with asbestos is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: