What is an AS/NZS ISO 14001 Organizational Context Register and How to Use It?
An AS/NZS ISO 14001 organizational context register is a comprehensive tool designed to provide organizations with insight into the interrelationships between their activities and the environment.
This register allows organizations to identify, track and monitor the environmental impacts of their operations.
The register can be used to help an organization understand its environmental strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and set priorities.
It can also help an organization develop and implement ideas and strategies to achieve its desired outcomes and environmental goals.
How to Identify the AS/NZS ISO 14001 Context of an Organization
The AS/NZS ISO 14001 standard does not prescribe how to identify environmental context however, the standard requires an organization to evaluate its operations and activities that influence the various elements of the organization.
Understanding the AS/NZS ISO 14001 Context of an Organization
To understand its environmental context an organization needs to determine the scope of its internal and external issues that are relevant and affect its ability to achieve the intended outcomes of its environmental management system. Once an understanding of the context of an organization is achieved it can then be used to establish, implement, maintain and continually improve an environmental management system.
External and internal issues can be positive or negative and include conditions, characteristics or changing circumstances that can affect it environmental management system, for example, determining the environmental scope of external issues can include aspects of:
- The cultural, political, economic social, technological, legal, financial, economic environment and natural surroundings.
- Market competition, whether international, national, regional or local.
- The introduction of new competitors, contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, and partners.
- Providers, new technologies, new laws and the emergence of environmental conditions.
- Key drivers and trends relevant to the industry or sector having an impact on the organization.
- Relationships with, as well as perceptions and values of its internal and external issues and interested parties.
Some examples of environmental internal issues may include aspects of:
- Governance, organizational structure, roles and accountabilities.
- Policies, objectives and the strategies that are in place to achieve them.
- The capabilities, understood in terms of resources, knowledge and competence.
- Information systems, documented information flows, internal audits and decision-making processes.
- The introduction of new products, materials, services, tools, software, premises and equipment.
- Environmental risks and opportunities with products and services.
- Relationships with, as well as perceptions and values of workers and the culture in the organization.
- The environmental standards, guidelines and models adopted.
Contents of this AS/NZS ISO 14001 Organizational Context Register
There are six spreadsheets in this register inclusive of:
- Environmental interested party register.
- Environmental issues register.
- Environmental risk register.
- Environmental opportunities register.
- Environmental aspects and impacts register.
- Environmental list.
Why Choose to Buy this AS/NZS 14001 Organizational Context Register?
- This very comprehensive environmental organizational context register has six detailed spreadsheets in Excel format that can be used to gather an understanding of your business’s organizational context regarding AS/NZS ISO 14001, Environmental Management Systems.
- The register follows some very logical steps and milestones for environmental organizational context and includes some great examples which will give you some great ideas and save you a lot of time.
After purchasing this AS/NZS 14001 organizational context register template you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own environmental organizational context register.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the register.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this AS/NZS 14001 Organizational Context Register
- This organizational context register template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The organizational context register will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Excel format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This AS/NZS ISO 14001 organizational context register is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may require: