What is Verification of Competency for an Excavator?
A verification of competency (VoC) for an excavator is a method of assessing an individual’s ability, skills and knowledge to safely operate an excavator.
An operator’s training and assessment of competence is verified through a knowledge assessment and a practical demonstration of ability.
The VoC process assists employers ensure that operators have the necessary ability to perform their job safely and competently.
It also provides a way for employers to identify gaps in skills and knowledge, and to provide training to address those gaps.
How Important is Competency?
The competence of personnel is vital to enable a business to operate effectively and safely. Where a level of training, competency or a certificate is required to operate equipment or perform a work activity, no person should be permitted to undertake that activity without an adequate level of training, competency or the necessary certificate being attained.
It is important to remember that competency in excavator operations is not just about knowing how to operate the machine. It is also about being able to identify and assess hazards and to take steps to mitigate those hazards.
Here are just some of the benefits of being competent in excavator operations:
- Increased safety for operators and others on the job site.
- Improved efficiency and productivity.
- Reduced risk of property damage.
- Increased compliance with safety regulations.
If you are considering hiring an excavator operator, it is important to get the necessary training and/or certification.
Contents of this Verification of Competency for an Excavator
This verification of competency assessment for an excavator consists of two sections or units of competence:
- Section one is a theory assessment and consists of a questionnaire. The nominee needs to have knowledge and awareness of the functions of the excavator and other common information associated with the safe operation of the excavator. To successfully complete the theoretical section, the nominee will require a 100% pass mark. After the 100% pass mark has been achieved, the nominee can then move on to section two.
- Section two is a practical assessment and consists of an observation and the verification of the operator’s competency. The nominee needs to be able to demonstrate competence with the operation of the excavator. The assessor must be satisfied that the nominee can safely operate the excavator in a range of tasks that would be generally undertaken. Once section one and two are successfully completed, the operator can be signed off as competent.
Why Choose to Buy this Verification of Competency for an Excavator?
- This 5-page verification of competency for an excavator can assist you confirm an operator’s ability to operate an excavator safely and conduct civil construction excavator operations.
- This VoC assessment could also compliment a nationally recognised high-risk work statement of attainment for an excavator and supplement refresher training.
After purchasing this verification of competency for an excavator you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own VoC for an excavator.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the assessment tool.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Verification of Competency for an Excavator
- This excavator VoC template is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The assessment tool will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This verification of competency for an excavator is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: