What is Identification and Traceability?
Identification and traceability are two important concepts in AS/NZS ISO 9001 quality management. Identification is the process of assigning a unique identifier to a product, item, or process. Traceability is the ability to track the history, location, or status of a product, item, or process through its entire life cycle.
The purpose of identification and traceability is to ensure the quality and safety of products and services. By identifying and tracking products, it is possible to prevent counterfeiting, recalls and other problems.
Traceability can also be used to improve efficiency and productivity by helping to identify bottlenecks and areas for improvement.
Why is Identification and Traceability Important?
Identification and traceability are very important tools for quality management. By implementing these concepts, organizations can improve the quality and safety of their products and services and also improve efficiency and productivity.
Below are just a few examples of the benefits of identification and traceability:
- Reduce risk of recalls: By being able to track the history of a product, it is possible to quickly identify and recall products that may be contaminated or defective.
- Improve customer satisfaction: Customers appreciate knowing that they can track the products they purchase and that they can be confident in the quality of those products.
- Meet regulatory requirements: Many industries are regulated by government agencies that require traceability of products. By implementing traceability, organizations can demonstrate compliance with these regulations.
Note: Records of identification and traceability should be maintained by a responsible person as retained ‘documented information’ and can be used as evidence for audit purposes.
Contents of this AS/NZS ISO 9001 Identification and Traceability Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Identification and Traceability Overview.
- Identification and Traceability Activity Map.
- Product Identification and Traceability.
- Raw Material Traceability.
- Production Tooling.
- Service Deliverables.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this AS/NZS ISO 9001 Identification and Traceability Procedure
- This 8-page AS/NZS ISO 9001 identification and traceability procedure can assist you identify the status, enable traceability and the monitoring and measurement requirements of your business’s products and services.
- This procedure can be applied to the production and service provisions of ‘typical work areas’ which use, handle, transport, store, inspect or manufacture products, raw materials and tooling etc.
Note: Non-critical materials or supplies, which are not incorporated into a finished product, or which serve only to support facilities or operations do not need to be subjected to an identification and traceability procedure.
After purchasing this AS/NZS ISO 9001 identification and traceability procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own identification and traceability procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this AS/NZS ISO 9001 Identification and Traceability Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This AS/NZS ISO 9001 identification and traceability procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: