What is a Plant Risk Assessment?
A plant risk assessment is a process used to identify hazards and risks with an item of plant or other heavy equipment. The assessment is typically conducted by a safety professional who will analyse all the aspects of the equipment and identify the risks.
The goal of a plant risk assessment is to develop controls to eliminate or minimise the risk of the identified hazards.
How to Assess Plant and Equipment
When assessing plant and equipment, consideration should be given to all aspects of the plant or equipment, for example:
- The design.
- Work environment.
- Operational conditions.
- Abnormal conditions.
- Ergonomic principles.
- Installation and erection.
- Access and egress for maintenance.
- Repairs and adjustments.
- Use and cleaning.
- Operator competencies.
- Dismantling and disposal.
Note: An item of plant or heavy equipment should always have a current service or maintenance record and registration, where applicable.
Contents of this Plant Risk Assessment Form
This risk assessment form has provisions and prompts for the following aspects of risk assessment:
- Pre-start checks.
- Operator information.
- Shifts and breaks.
- Manual handling.
- Slipping, tripping or falling.
- Striking, impacts and moving machinery.
- Cutting, stabbing or puncturing.
- Pinch points.
- Machinery failure.
- Roll over.
- The work environment
- Solvents, acids and cleaners.
- Dusts and flying particles.
- Fuel, oil and gases.
- Explosion or fire risks.
- Smells from paints, plastics and pesticides.
- Broken or frayed cords.
- Exposed wires.
- Faulty electrical wiring.
- Rusty machine parts and wear.
- Work area and facility cleanliness.
- Set-up, layout and design.
- Mechanical problems.
- Damage and wear.
- Repair and modification.
- Storage and transportation.
- Emergency stop device.
Why Choose to Buy this Plant Risk Assessment Form?
- This plant risk assessment template can assist you conduct a detailed assessment on an item of plant or heavy equipment.
- The form has some great examples already included which would give you a massive head start when completing your plant risk assessment.
After purchasing this form you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own plant risk assessment form.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the form.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Plant Risk Assessment Form
- This form is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The form will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This plant risk assessment form is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: