About this SWMS for Working at Heights
Legislation requires a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU) at a workplace to manage risks to health and safety associated with a fall by a person from one level to another that is reasonably likely to cause injury to the person or any other person.
This SWMS has been developed with consideration to the ‘working at height hierarchy of controls’. Meaning that where the potential for a fall hazard exists, the highest reasonably practicable control to prevent a fall must be adopted.
This SWMS can provide you with the required safety precautions to enable worker safety while working at height.
Note: ‘Working at height’ means work where there is a risk to a worker’s health and safety associated with a fall from one level to another that is reasonably likely to cause injury to the person or any other person and could include:
- In or on an elevated workplace from which a person could fall.
- In the vicinity of an opening through which a person could fall.
- In the vicinity of an edge over which a person could fall.
- On a surface through which a person could fall.
- In any other place from which a person could fall.
Note: Notwithstanding the above, any task that involves the risk of a fall equal to, or greater than two (2) metres should be treated as working at height irrespective of circumstances.
Job steps that are covered in the safe work method statement include:
- Planning and preparation.
- Work at height set-up.
- Working at heights on work platforms.
- Rigging work.
- Working above other persons.
- Using equipment in mobile plant.
- Movement of mobile plant in an elevated work area.
- Cleaning area and packing up equipment.
- Emergency rescue.
This SWMS for working at heights includes:
- A risk assessment and risk assessment matrix.
- Qualifications and training requirements.
- Potential hazards and risks when working at height.
- Control measures, checks and monitoring activities.
- Actions for implementation, monitoring and reviewing of the SWMS.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Inspections and maintenance checks that are required.
- A consultation and sign-off record.
- Legislation references.
Why Choose to Buy this SWMS for Working at Heights?
- Construction work at a height where a person could fall more than two metres is a high-risk work activity and a SWMS must be developed for the work.
- This SWMS for working at heights identifies the typical hazards and risks when working at height and provides you with the safety controls to manage those hazards and risks and enable workers to carry out the work safely.
- The SWMS also includes an emergency rescue plan.
After purchasing this SWMS you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own SWMS for working at heights.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the safe work method statement.
- Enable compliance with Australian legislation, codes of practice and standards.
Availability and Use of this SWMS for Working at Heights
- This SWMS is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The SWMS will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This SWMS for working at heights is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: