Workplace Health and Hygiene
Workplace health and hygiene hazards can be typically divided into chemical, physical, biological, ergonomic and psychosocial stressors. These health and hygiene hazards and risks must be identified, assessed and controlled.
The assessments should consist of:
- Consulting with personnel.
- Research and information gathering.
- Identifying and assessing the most reasonably practicable level of control.
- Implementation and review of the controls.
- Health monitoring, if necessary.
Results from a health and hygiene risk assessment should include recommendations for ongoing exposure or health monitoring if required. Quantitative exposure limits must be recorded in the risk assessments where high levels of exposure are evident.
Workplace health and hygiene includes a focus on practices such as:
- Preventing the spreading of germs.
- Clean and disinfect practices.
- Body and hand washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- General disease control and prevention.
- Avoiding contaminated food.
- Brushing your teeth twice a day and trimming nails.
- Following the guidelines of centres for disease control.
- Preventing the spread of germs when coughing and sneezing.
- Washing your hands with running water to reduce the spread of germs.
- Good hygiene and health care.
- Regularly using soap and water.
- Good personal hygiene when eating and handling food.
What is a Health and Hygiene Procedure?
A health and hygiene procedure is a set of instructions and guidelines for cleaning and maintaining a clean and healthy work environment. It is important to follow a health and hygiene procedure to prevent the spread of illness and disease.
The procedure relates to an applied science that is concerned with influences on the human body and work processes. It deals with the chemical, physical, biological, ergonomic or psychosocial stressors, enabling the protection and improvement of food safety and the well-being of workers.
Contents of this Health and Hygiene Procedure
Why Choose to Buy this Health and Hygiene Procedure
This 15-page health and hygiene procedure can assist you enable all the legal requirements to be met with regards to workplace health and hygiene hazards and risks.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own health and hygiene procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organisation.
Availability and Use of this Health and Hygiene Procedure
- This procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This health and hygiene procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: