About this SWMS for Working in a Contaminated or Flammable Atmosphere
Working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere can be extremely hazardous and it is important to take all necessary precautions to protect yourself and others. This SWMS provides for the identification of hazards and risks associated with working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere.
Contaminated atmospheres can contain a variety of harmful substances, including gases, vapours, dusts and fumes. These substances can be inhaled, absorbed through the skin, or ingested and can cause a variety of health problems, including respiratory problems, skin irritation, poisoning and even death.
Flammable atmospheres can contain flammable gases, vapours, or dusts. If these substances are mixed with air in the right proportions and there is a source of ignition, an explosion can occur. Explosions can cause serious injuries and death, as well as significant property damage.
Note: A safe work method statement is mandatory for all construction work that is carried out in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere.
Job steps that are covered in the safe work method statement include:
- Planning and preparation.
- Identification of a contaminated or flammable atmosphere.
- Undertake the work.
- Electrical work.
- Cleaning area and packing up equipment.
This SWMS for working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere includes:
- A risk assessment and risk assessment matrix.
- Qualifications and training requirements.
- Potential hazards and risks when working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere.
- Control measures, checks and monitoring activities.
- Actions for implementation, monitoring and reviewing of the SWMS.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Inspections and maintenance checks that are required.
- A consultation and sign-off record.
- Legislation references.
Why Choose to Buy this SWMS for Working in a Contaminated or Flammable Atmosphere?
- Working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere can be hazardous if workplace exposure standards are not followed. All risks associated with working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere must be identified and managed, to eliminate and/or reduce the risk of harm to personnel.
- This SWMS can assist you and your work team understand the hazards and risks associated with working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere and take the necessary safety precautions to safeguard the health and safety of workers.
After purchasing this safe work method statement you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the safe work method statement template to create your own working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere SWMS.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the safe work method statement.
- Enable compliance with Australian legislation, codes of practice and standards.
Availability and Use of this SWMS for Working in a Contaminated or Flammable Atmosphere
- This SWMS is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The SWMS will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This safe work method statement for working in a contaminated or flammable atmosphere is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: