What is an AS/NZS ISO 45001 Communication and Consultation Procedure?
A communication and consultation procedure helps organizations ensure that employees are properly informed about workplace hazards and that their concerns are heard. Organizations that adopt an AS/NZS ISO 45001 OH&S management system will need to put in place processes for communication and consultation on health and safety matters.
The standard does not prescribe how organizations should communicate and consult with workers on health and safety matters however, it does provide guidance on what should be taken into consideration when designing and implementing communication and consultation processes.
What is Workplace Communication and Consultation?
Communication – involves the exchange of information, thoughts, messages, statements or announcements between stakeholders.
Effective communication may be achieved through:
- The display of information on notice boards.
- Explanation in awareness sessions, inductions or toolbox or safety meetings; the record of such communication should be documented and maintained.
Consultation – involves the fostering, cooperation and development of partnerships between government, regulators, employers, workers and stakeholders.
Consultation and Participation of Workers
Any reputable business recognizes the benefits of consulting with its workforce. Safer and better outcomes are more attainable by using the experience and expertise of workers, as the workers can assist with hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control. In addition, consultation and the participation of workers leads to a higher level of compliance with procedures, enabling safety improvements to be more easily achieved.
A communication and consultation procedure outlines the different ways consultation can involve workers in health, safety and other matters and what to do if there are problems. Consultation and the participation of workers is vital to good workplace decision-making processes. Top management can ensure that everyone is aware of what is happening and that their views are considered.
Some examples of when consultation and the participation of workers should occur are when:
- Determining the needs and expectations of interested parties.
- Establishing the health and safety policy and any regular updates thereof.
- Assigning roles, responsibilities and authorities, as applicable.
- Determining how to fulfill legal requirements and other workplace requirements such as eliminating hazards, risks and the requirements of management systems.
- OH&S performance and establishing health and safety, objectives and the plans to achieve them.
- Determining controls for outsourcing, procurement and contractors.
- Internal communications with external interested parties are required to contribute to continual improvements.
- Levels and function changes to the management system, including changes relevant to the OH&S risks and internal and external communication processes.
- Changes to establish, implement and maintain the health, safety or welfare of employees.
- Election of health and safety committee members, injury and ill health rates.
- Decisions are made about the measures to be taken to eliminate or control risks, etc.
Note: It is much easier to achieve a safe workplace when everyone involved in the work communicates and consults with each other about managing hazards and risks and works together to find solutions.
Contents of this AS/NZS ISO 45001 Communication and Consultation Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Communication and Consultation Process Overview.
- Communication and Consultation Process Activity Map.
- Communication and Consultation.
- Co-operation and Co-ordination.
- Issue Resolution.
- Policy Statements.
- Targets and Objectives.
- Health and Safety Meetings.
- Documented Information.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this AS/NZS ISO 45001 Communication and Consultation Procedure
- This 9-page AS/NZS ISO 45001 communication and consultation procedure will assist you with the development and implementation of processes for communication and consultation within your workplace.
- The procedure will help you cover the communication and consultation needs of all personnel and their representatives concerning health, safety environmental and quality matters which may affect them.
- The procedure can also assist with compliance to a AS/NZS ISO 45001 certification body (e.g. JAS-ANZ).
After purchasing this AS/NZS ISO 45001 communication and consultation procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own communication and consultation procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this AS/NZS ISO 45001 Communication and Consultation Procedure
- This communication and consultation procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This AS/NZS ISO 45001 communication and consultation procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: