Use of Mobile Phones in the Workplace
If approval has been granted for the use of a mobile phone while at work, the following safety conditions can be applied to enable safe working conditions.
- The use of mobile phones within the workplace to be limited to work-related calls, or emergencies only and should not affect employee productivity.
- All vehicle and mobile plant operators must stop the operation of the vehicle or mobile plant to receive or make a mobile phone call.
- Any worker controlling or near operating mobile plant or machinery must cease work to make or receive a phone call.
- Any personal phone calls and other phone usage can only be done while on rest or lunch break times.
- If operating a vehicle (not fitted with a hands-free device), the driver must stop the vehicle, park in a safe place with the parking brake on and only move when the call is completed. If the vehicle is fitted with a hands-free device, they may use the mobile phone only if it is safe to do so.
Note: Texting messages should be regarded as a mobile phone call and the same conditions apply.
About this Mobile Phone Use in the Workplace Toolbox Talk
The use of mobile phones and radios can easily present an unacceptable risk of injury or incident in the workplace, particularly while operating or working near mobile plant or driving. These communication devices can cause unnecessary distractions which can affect a person’s awareness of surroundings and reaction times.
Why Download this Mobile Phone Use in the Workplace Toolbox Talk?
This 1-page mobile phone use in the workplace toolbox talk on mobile phones and radios provides practical guidance to eliminate or minimise risks associated with mobile phones and radios within the workplace.
With this mobile phone use in the workplace toolbox talk you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own mobile phone use in the workplace toolbox talk.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the mobile phone use in the workplace toolbox talk.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Mobile Phone Use in the Workplace Toolbox Talk
- This mobile phone toolbox talk is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Download Template’ button or the ‘Download Through Checkout’ button.
- No payment is required for this toolbox talk and it will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
You may also require: