What is a Traffic Management Plan?
A traffic management plan (TMP) is a detailed document designed to regulate, optimise and ensure the safety of road users, the movement of people, vehicles and mobile plant throughout a given area, roadway or worksite.
It can help to improve the safety, efficiency and effectiveness of traffic flow in an area. It can also involve changes to existing infrastructure, such as adding additional pathways, signage and signals, or it can involve changes to the way drivers use the travel paths, such as altering speed limits or changing travel patterns.
Control Measures for Traffic Management Risks
Some worksites can be very busy and dangerous places, and traffic can be a major hazard. Traffic controls and rules are critical for ensuring the safety of workers, visitors and motorists in and around work zones.
Some of the most important site traffic controls and rules include:
- Pedestrians and vehicles must stay separated. This means that there should be designated walkways for pedestrians and separate routes for vehicles.
- Vehicles must travel at a safe speed. The speed limit should be posted and enforced, and drivers should be aware of the potential for pedestrians and other hazards.
- Drivers must be aware of their surroundings. This means paying attention to pedestrians, other vehicles, and obstacles.
- Site vehicles must be properly marked. This means that they should have reflective tape and lights to make them visible to pedestrians and other drivers.
- Vehicles must be parked in designated areas. This helps to keep the work area clear and prevents vehicles from blocking access to emergency vehicles.
About this Traffic Management Plan Package
This TMP package details how the risks associated with mobile plant, vehicles and pedestrian movement can be managed at a workplace. The plan can assist you with developing a traffic management strategy for your workplace with consideration to:
- Australian Standards, Codes of Practice and traffic control plans.
- Traffic flow and movements of mobile plant, vehicles and pedestrians.
- Identification of collision points (or blind spots) by planning out routes.
- Implementation of risk controls, e.g. exclusion zones, signage, reversing beepers, speed limiting devices, spotters, convex mirrors, one-way traffic, etc.
- Arrangements for incorporating road and footpath traffic management into inductions.
The five traffic management plan forms included in this package are:
- Delivery Driver Safety Induction
- Visitors Safety Induction.docx
- Signage Audit Checklist
- Signage Selection Checklist
- Traffic Management Checklist
Why Choose to Buy this Traffic Management Plan Package?
This TMP can enable the safe and efficient movement of personnel, vehicles and mobile plant at a business’s workplace address and give detailed explanations on how to control traffic and pedestrian movements within a workplace.
This TMP can also support an employer’s duty of care and general legal obligations with traffic management at a workplace.
With this traffic management plan package you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the templates to create your own comprehensive traffic plan.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the documents.
- Use in any industry or sector, regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Traffic Management Plan Package
- This TMP package is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The TMP package will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This TMP package is MASSIVE 200% guaranteed.
If you can find a better traffic management plan package at a cheaper price, we will REFUND YOU double the cost of this package.
You may also need: