What is Rehabilitation and Return to Work?
Rehabilitation and return to work assists an injured worker who requires medical assessment and/or treatment to recover and return to full work duties.
Rehabilitation and return to work also supports an injured worker during rehabilitation for a work-related injury or illness.
The key stakeholders consulted during injury management, rehabilitation and return to work include the injured worker, managers, supervisors, employees treating medical practitioners, allied health professionals and the appointed rehabilitation and return to work coordinator.
There are several reasons why an employee may need to take time off work for an injury or illness. In some cases, the employee may be able to return to work with no restrictions. However, in other cases the employee may need some adjustments or transitional work before returning to full-time normal duty work.
All stakeholders should be obligated to treat rehabilitation and return to work cases in confidence, with sensitivity, empathy, respect and are also bound by legislative requirements.
What is a Rehabilitation and Return to Work Policy?
A rehabilitation and return to work policy is a document that outlines an employer’s expectations and the requirements employees need to follow when they need to take time off work due to an injury or illness.
A rehabilitation and return to work policy aims to provide injured employees with a timely and safe return to pre-injury duties or other productive employment.
There are a few key elements that should be encompassed in a rehabilitation and return to work policy, these elements include:
- That all levels of management and employees are responsible for the prevention and management of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- That employees are aware of the importance of reporting an injury or illness as early as possible.
- That there is a focus on early intervention and being pro-active with injury management and new work assignments.
- That suitable information is provided to employees on rehabilitation and return to work processes and procedures.
- That safe and suitable light duties will be provided to employees if necessary before they return to their normal job duties.
- That a rehabilitation assessment and/or a suitable job description plan is provided and regularly reviewed within the medical restrictions, as prescribed.
- That consultation is regularly undertaken with employees, managers, treating practitioners and other key parties.
- That employees are advised of their health and safety rights and worker’s compensation obligations with the insurance company that is applicable under legislation.
A network of internal and external support should always be maintained to ensure that the rehabilitation of injured or ill employees is monitored and progresses to a satisfactory conclusion, for both the employee’s supervisor, manager and the company.
Why Choose to Buy this Rehabilitation and Return to Work Policy?
- This 1-page rehabilitation and return to work policy can assist you define an organization’s responsibilities to provide a workplace return to work program that is effective, durable and cost-efficient.
- Please note: This requirement is also part of an employer’s duty of care after an employee is injured at work.
After purchasing this policy you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own workplace rehabilitation and return to work policy.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the policy.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Rehabilitation and Return to Work Policy?
- This policy is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The policy will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This rehabilitation and return to work policy is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: