About this Working at Heights Permit
This working at heights permit can be used to enable you to implement a safe system for any work you plan to undertake at height. The permit can be used to verify that risks are sufficiently managed and the work at height is undertaken safely.
The permit will significantly reduce the risk of an incident occurring by ensuring that all persons are aware of the hazards and risks and take the necessary precautions. The permit will also prompt for worker competencies and has provisions for a work at height rescue plan.
When is a Working at Heights Permit Required?
Working at height ‘typically’ means work in any place where a person could be injured falling from an elevated level. A work at heights permit is required whenever there is a need to ensure that work is carried out safely and to prevent unauthorised access to areas where work at height is taking place. The permit must be displayed in a prominent location at the work site.
Before work at height activities that require a permit commence, some key elements to consider include:
- Is there another way to conduct the task to reduce risks to as low as reasonably practicable, specifically by protecting personnel from hazards involved with the works and avoiding permitted works wherever possible?
- What hazards are present with the task to be undertaken?
- What training and competencies are required for the work at height task to be completed safely?
- What controls (e.g. catch platform, fall prevention, fall arrest system etc) need to be implemented to prevent persons from being injured from the works.
- Who needs to supervise the work to manage the risks and complete the task safely?
- If outdoor works, what will be the weather conditions?
- What other procedures need to be reviewed in line with the task to be completed?
- What isolation process, specific to the type of work is required?
- Does the area need to be demarcated? And if so, how?
- Is a formal risk assessment for the work at height required and what controls are required?
Why Download this Working at Heights Permit?
- This 2-page working at height permit can be used to enable you to implement a safe system for work you plan to undertake at height.
- The permit can be used to verify that risks are sufficiently managed and the work at height is undertaken safely. The permit could be particularly useful if working in the construction industry or other high risk business activity.
With this working at heights permit you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own working at heights permit.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the working at heights permit.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Working at Heights Permit
- This working at heights permit is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Download Template’ button or the ‘Download Through Checkout’ button.
- No payment is required for this permit and it will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
You may also require: