What is Mental Health?
Mental health (in the workplace) is a state of wellbeing in which an individual realizes their own potential and can cope with the normal stresses of the workplace and can work productively.
Mental ill-health includes a mental illness or symptoms such as changes in emotion or behaviour not of sufficient severity to be diagnosed as a mental illness, which may resolve in time or when a person’s situation changes, or if problems persist or increase in severity, may develop into a mental illness.
Mental illness is a set of symptoms that can be diagnosed and significantly impact how a person thinks, feels, behaves and interacts with others.
A mentally healthy workplace is a workplace where:
- Mental health at work is everyone’s responsibility.
- Safe work systems, policies and procedures are embedded in the organization, for the benefit of mental health and well-being of employees.
- Interventions are tailored to each worker or workgroup.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement is visible.
It should be an organization’s objective to provide a positive working environment that promotes, protects and supports the health, safety and wellbeing of personnel.
An effective approach to mental health treatment uses three fundamental elements to manage mental health and wellbeing in the workplace which are:
1. Prevention – focuses on identifying and managing work-related hazards and risks to mental health and wellbeing. This also includes promotional and awareness initiatives.
2. Intervention – seeks to gain a positive involvement in key aspects of workplace mental health and wellbeing, for example:
o Social support groups, cultural and community engagements.
3. Support and Recovery – pursues a prompt and effective response to a mental health or wellbeing issue.
What is a Mental Health Procedure?
A mental health procedure is a set of written instructions that outline how an organization can identify, manage and support employees who may be experiencing various types of mental health conditions (e.g. depression, bipolar disorders, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder PTSD etc).
The goal of a mental health procedure is to help individuals achieve and maintain a state of mental health and wellbeing.
Contents of this Mental Health Procedure
- Terms and Definitions.
- Roles and Responsibilities.
- Risk Factors.
- Risk Management Processes.
- Health Promotion Programs.
- Flexible Working Arrangements.
- Professional Development.
- Interventions and Talk Therapy.
- Enhancement of Mental Health.
- eHealth Options and Pathways.
- Fatigue and Fatigue-Related Stress.
- Employee Assistance to Quit Smoking.
- Medicals, Health Monitoring and Health Surveillance.
- Support and Recovery.
- Prescribed Medications.
- Support Services and Treatment Programs.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Privacy of Personal Information.
- Related Procedures, Forms and Documents.
- Review Criteria.
- Record Management.
Why Choose to Buy this Mental Health Procedure
- This 15-page mental health procedure can assist you to be a proactive employer regarding mental health and wellbeing and recognize that it is particularly important that all personnel are mentally healthy, safe and valued at work.
- This procedure can provide you with some treatment options for both short and long term coping skills and a methodology to manage, assist and support the wellbeing of personnel who undertake work on behalf of your organization.
After purchasing this procedure you will be able to:
- Very easily edit and customize the template to create your own mental health procedure.
- Apply your own style, format and brand to the procedure.
- Use it in any industry or sector regardless of the size or type of organization.
Availability and Use of this Mental Health Procedure
- This procedure is accessible to you right now by clicking the ‘Buy Now’ button.
- The procedure will be delivered to you in fully editable Microsoft Word format for immediate and full use in your business.
- There are no subscriptions, contracts or ongoing costs.
This mental health procedure is 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
You may also require: